Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have recommendations for an aftermarket rear bumper option in black that won't break the bank?

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
557 Posts
How big is your bank? I have a ProtoFab 4X4 on the rear of mine, powder coated charcoal grey, just becase I don't like the black look, Customization posible when new. Spare carrier, high lift jack, and jerry can options. Was cheaper for me than most because the are here in Az, Even had an option to include spots for 2x6 LED light, really happy with mine. Not cheap. 1980-1996 Bronco RockSolid™ Single Rack Rear Bumper (PF817) - I was given the option when talking to the owner to have my spare mounted on the left. Kind of like it. Gets ost of the spare out of your view when yo look over your right shoulder to back up. Don;t just order off the website, give them a call. JBG carries them as well.

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, all those other options are bit pricey for us right now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
rather than fill it, use a torch, pound out the dents, sand blast (paint will not stick to chrome for long) and paint satin black
After all that, you could go to LMC and get one for a couple hundred bucks

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
you can fit an F150 bumper with some fabrication. so if you can find something like a ranch hand at the junk yard, you could take it to a fabricator and have them modify the mounts to fit the FSB. that's essentially what i did.

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 Auto 4x4 2.5" Lift on 32's
63 Posts
Have you looked into Iron Cross? What's your price range? Might help us in knowing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts