Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about how i could fabricate a rear coil setup, but am wondering if i copy the front coil tower dimensions and put it on the back can i use the same length coils as the front. or will the rear then sit higher/lower than the front? it would be really conveniant to be able to run the same length coils front and rear, but dont know if i can without fabbing towers for the rear with different dimensions that the front. thanks for any inputthat anyone has.

·
Registered
643 Posts
why not just move the buckets up or down until you get the right height.......

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i can do that. and thats probobly what i will have to do to make it work with the same length coils for both front and rear. to make the bucket would i be better off to go with round or square tubing? i would prefer to do it with Square tubing, but could use roud tube. are there any advantages to one or the other?

·
Registered
643 Posts
honestly i would just buy new buckets for 80 at bronco graveyard or find some old ones,then modify if neccesary

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hit up "waverous" on the colorado4x4 board.. His name is Chris and he owns Off Road Innovations in Centennial.. He has an EB with a radius armed coiled 9 (i think) out back.. Hes runnin extended cage arms with a trac bar.. Give him a call or PM him.. Hes a real good guy to deal with.. Sweet ruck too.. FI 5.0, its pretty sweet..

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Thread Hijack: Are D44 rad arms and using the D44 wedges close to bolt-on for making the 9" coil w/ rad arm and trac bar? I'm going to assume that with this setup you wouldn't be able to physically have axle wrap, right? Would the C-bushings wear from being under power all the time like this? Just curious.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Saurian said:
Thread Hijack: Are D44 rad arms and using the D44 wedges close to bolt-on for making the 9" coil w/ rad arm and trac bar? I'm going to assume that with this setup you wouldn't be able to physically have axle wrap, right? Would the C-bushings wear from being under power all the time like this? Just curious.

I can't answer your first question, but for the second question, yes they should eliminate axle wrap since they are acting like traction bars on a leaf sprung set-up. I'm not sure about your third question, but I would assume they would wear faster, but I really don't know.

Brian

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I have this *crazy* dream of doing a coil/rad arm swap next winter/spring on my truck. Actually I need it now more then then, but its not "in the plans" at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts