• No, total waste of time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! We are new to the Bronco world and need some feedback. We have reproduced the rear cross sill for the 80-96 Bronco. We need to know if this is something we should continue to produce. We have our initial shipment coming in end of July and want to gauge our next production based on if this is a highly needed part or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Rear Cross Sill - 80-96 Ford Bronco Cross Sills | AMD 716-4680-1

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't know how many pieces you need to sell to make it a worthwhile investment, but it would make it so much easier than trying to cobble together patches on it.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,730 Posts
Well the supply and demand will not be huge, because lets face it, there arent near as many broncos getting work done, as say, 65-70 mustangs and camaros. But it is a piece that likes to rust out, and will definitely be a piece you would sell. The whole tailgate area in general is probably the best place to make parts for, aside from the main stuff like fenders, quarters, etc. Rocker panels and tailgate area are the first to go on these trucks.

Reactions: autometaldirect

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,730 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yikes! Never would've guesses by how nice the outside of your bronco is!
Right. I went to pull the vinyl up and my hand was wet. I knew something wasnt right. Luckily it just pitted and nothing ate through. Definitely coming from the trip rails. The passenger one is the big offender. The ironic thing is I'm taking it to the restomod store tomorrow to have the drip rails shaved and welded. Thought I was taking a preventative measure 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Addicted to Junk
12,730 Posts
Right. I went to pull the vinyl up and my hand was wet. I knew something wasnt right. Luckily it just pitted and nothing ate through. Definitely coming from the trip rails. The passenger one is the big offender. The ironic thing is I'm taking it to the restomod store tomorrow to have the drip rails shaved and welded. Thought I was taking a preventative measure 🤷🏼‍♂️
Make sure your door seals are in tip top shape. Or you'll have water coming in there without the drip rails. I hated how my 03 mustang would just drip water in the car if I was driving with the window cracked. As a smoker, thats a big deal lol. Or when I opened the door.

Reactions: autometaldirect
1 - 14 of 14 Posts