Detroit Locker
Disk Brakes using Ford dual piston calipers from a 78 Dana 60 front

$500

I live in Madison, WI.

·
Registered
40 Posts
D60

I am looking for a D60, but I am still new to swapping out of the drive train. This may be a dumb question, but will that fit under a 1986 FS Bronco w/o any problems, or do I have to do a little modifying, or a lot of modifying?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It'll bolt right in place of your current 9" or 8.8 without any mods to the spring pads or springs themselves. The pinion on a D60 sticks out a little further though, so you might have to shorten the driveshaft a little bit, unless you lift it at the same time. I replaced my 9" with it, and also did a 4" lift at the same time, so the original driveshaft ended up being the perfect length. The disc brake calipers require a larger master cyllinder as well. Most people go with an F350 MC.

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone just bought the detroit out of it, but I have the rest of the axle still intact. I can put the original open carrier back in it if someone wanted me to. $200 for what's left: D60 - 4.10 gears - Disc brakes.

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would love to buy that. Would you be willing to meet me half way the weekend of the 22nd? I live in Rapid City, SD.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Give me a hollar and let me know. If you can't, we can probably still work something out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.