Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i know i have been askin alot of questions about the electric circuits on my bronco, and now i have a new one. i was gettin ready to apply some defrost repairing stuff by permatex to my rear defrost grid ( a few lines dont work) and just before i started i notice that the entire grid is out now. the little light on the dash doesnt illuminate and i checked the fuses. what do you guys think it may be??

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
mine does the same thing. no light no fuction. i've got a multimeter. just got to get the retated special battery for it. dam you radio shack. i've heard the wire comes loose from the glass were it attatches on each side.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
make sure there is power to the fuze, then the switch, then the wire that hooks to the window. you should have found your problem by then.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so i went out and i looked for a short, im not sure exactly how, but i just checked for continuity:brownbag . afterwards, i put in a new fuse and turned the defrost on. it worked and i left it on for about 5 seconds, i turned if off and waited 3 seconds and turned it back on and it worked. i turned around to throw a frisbee for my dog and when i looked back, the light was off. i was curious how it would work for a minute and then blow the fuse, so i put in a new fuse and it blew instantly. any ideas??

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i think i get the short cut to ground causing too much current. that is easy enough, but i'm not sure which wire it is i need to replace. the fuse in the engine compartment is the one that keeps blowing, and i looked in the haynes manual and im not sure i know which wire is the one that needs replacing. thanks.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks, i was just confused because ive never dealt with engine compartment fuses blowing, although its just like other fuses, i thought it may help diagnose it differently. I will go try that out now, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE

a while back, i had to diagnose a problem in my rear window wiring, and it was in the wire where it runs by the gas tank. i decided to replace the defrost wire over the same spot and it worked. i think that the previous owner may have hit cut the wires when he installed the hitch, and when i took it off, i may have disturbed them. no biggie, i finally went out there and fixed it..ya know, now that its summer and i need the defrost every morning.:thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts