Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any older Ford vehicles with the 9" rear that I coul rob the disc brakes off of? And have them work?
Also, If I do this kind of conversion, would I have to change my master cylinder?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO. Old fords with 9in rears came with drum brakes. we have to steal them of or the explorer 8.8 rear You might want to start there
Yeah, but those Explorers had the 5x5.5" Lug pattern. Plus, they came with 8.8" rears I thought.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
Plus, the Lincoln ones were not a sliding caliper, they were a fixed caliper. Only one side clamping leads to heat and stress cracks that would be excaberated by larger tires. Plus they rotors physically will not fit over the axle flange on the Bronco. Gonna have to pony up the big bucks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Howdy Guys-

I am on a budget and needing my brakes overhauled (shoes, drums, front rotors and pads). Is there a major difference in price to go ahead and convert to discs? I'm eyeing the system on broncograveyard.com which includes everything except the calipers for $295 clearly about $195 more expensive than just drums and shoes but if the conversion will last longer, and doesn't take much more time, labor wise, then it would be a financial break-even or...? Also they are much safer from what I read?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.