Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I did a search and most of the threads and posts are from a while back or gone.

I am still in the process of getting all my brake components, together.

I can't seem to find the rear rotors any where or where I can order them by size and dimensions.

I'm reaching out to anyone that has done the "rear disc conversion" and knows which rotor is used.

I know it's 5 x 5.5 Bolt P
Aprox. 11" wide x Aprox. 2.5" tall

When I bought the kit, many moons ago, I could of sworn it used a Jeep Rotor ???

Thanks for any input,

Allcruisen :cool:

·
Man of endless projects
9,161 Posts
ya thats the problem of the new forum is cant find any threads before the change. actually for that matter idk how to even go through to find a specific thread. i jsut see recent posts. kinda annoying. but if you use google to search it its easier to find older stuff.

NAPA shows a good amount of specs on there rotors. gotta search for application tho. there were a few different rotors used from different vehicles used

got a picture of the rotor? is it vented or solid? does it have different lug patterns drilled in it? is it hubcentric to the axleshaft or is there a gap? does the rotor slip on the axle or does it have to have the axleshaft removed and mounted inside the flange? does it look like the rotor was originally intended to use a drum style parking brake? would be very good to get exact dimenshions if you have a caliper handy

i think i recall a specific jeep rotor was used at one point, but i have no idea which. the 96-01 Explorer rear rotor was a solid rotor used at one point in swaps but died off quickly. a stock front bronco rotor was common on some but it was not hub or lug centric. mid-2000s E150 had a perfect rear rotor but think it needs 16" wheels. i had a dodge rotor machined for one but dont think anybody else has done that. so the more you can tell us about the rotor the better

EDIT: found an old post Fireguy mentioned 84 Jeep CJ rotors. also found an old post you made about having issues after doing the swap but you did not mention rotors used

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Kingfish999 , Yeah, sorry about that I know many rotors were used. I forgot about that.

My rotors are vented and I need to get the exact measurements. They do slide over the axle and maybe the center was machined out {Hub} it sits flush against the axle shaft. No, they don't have the inner "drum brake' e brake as the explorer and no there aren't multiple bolt patterns, just the 5 x 5.5

I remember having issues with getting the "Eldorado" calipers to adjust, but got that squared away.

If you can please link the thread from Fireguy , I would greatly appreciate it.

This weekend I plan on working on the brakes, so I can measure the rotors again, once off.

Thanks again,
Allcrusien 😎

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
If they're eldorado or some other GM caliper it may be a GM rotor as well. I remember dodge has the same bolt pattern as Steve83 wallered out some dodge rims to fit. I'd look into those and check the size.

·
Man of endless projects
9,161 Posts
i dont think steve83 did a rear disc till he swapped a whole mid-2000s e150 axle in. on his SM page about the swap he still had drums on old axle

i used the ~96 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 rotor to do a disc conversion on my 5-lug 10.25" i did. but it required me to have a shop lathe the center bore to the right size to be hub centric. i also had the shop machine the OD of the axle flanges smaller to fit inside but thats because they were custom, idk if it fits over stock axle flange.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@Kingfish999 , I believe that's watt Bronkzilla had to do to these rotors. I bought the kit from him wen he went 1 ton.

It very well could be that rotor. I know it's a bit hard to tell in pictures, but that rotor looks just as the one I have.

Now to get to measuring n find a machine shop that will bore out the center.

PS I am pretty sure the brackets you have are the same as watt I have. ???

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll post here watt n when it gets done,
Allcruisen :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts