Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 73 bronco that I am currently 4 linking and installing a 78 BB 9" ford axle from a FS bronco. My question is what disc brake set up can I use for the rear without breaking the bank? Thanks

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That's not a cheap conversion to do and if you don't include an ebrake in the set up then the cops could remove your vehicle from the street and or give you a time limit to get one installed.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
You would be money ahead in braking power if you convert to hydroboost and leave the drums brakes there. A Lincoln or GM Astrovan h-boost setup will run about 100 bucks or so from a junkyard. Disks have some advntages over drum, of course, but the h-boost conversion is more 'effective' in terms of increased braking ability for dollar spent and installation hassles are less, and you retain the stock e-brake setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I just got back from currie ent. and picked my new 3rd member. I asked about the explorer disc brake setup and they said it wouln't work on that axle. He suggested a Wilwood setup ($$$) so I ques I'll just slap my drum brakes back on. I have a hydroboost unit from a 3/4 GM van that I plan to install here soon, just liked the idea of 4 wheel disc brakes. Do you guys know if disc brakes from a 78 lincoln Mark V would work? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
37 Posts
USE CHEVY SHEET CALIBERS AND YOU CAN GET WELD ON BRAKETS FOR 20-30 DOLLARS AND SOME FORD FRONT ROTTERS ,INONE OF THE BRONCO DRIVER ISSUE THEY SHOW HOW TO INSTALL. THATS IF YOU DONT MIND NO E BREAK

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks guys, I just got back from currie ent. and picked my new 3rd member. I asked about the explorer disc brake setup and they said it wouln't work on that axle. He suggested a Wilwood setup ($$$) so I ques I'll just slap my drum brakes back on. I have a hydroboost unit from a 3/4 GM van that I plan to install here soon, just liked the idea of 4 wheel disc brakes. Do you guys know if disc brakes from a 78 lincoln Mark V would work? Thanks everyone
Yeah you can use em I have heard of it being done to Mustangs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts