Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody running in of those rear tool boxs similar to this

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat20141&navAction=push&navCount=7&cmCat=MainCatcat21412&parentType=index&parentId=cat20141&id=0005895

I don't think this particular one will fit; however, just curious if anyone is running something similar. I know my dad has one from a tractor supply, but i cannot seem to find one on their website like the one he has. This cabelas one, looks almost identical though.

Had a little incident with the girl leaving town for winter break to visit family and taking the storage keys with her, where all my tools, sockets, everything happened to be locked up safe from me. :banghead

I have seen a few custom built pics in a few threads, but frankly I am just looking for something simple. Just wondering.

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
i just bought a stanless steel three drawer toolbox with a locking top. i used some tie downs and strapped it to my spare... it works- heavy as hell. but now i have everything i need... ORGANIZED!!!!
ace

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
or take the drawers out and put bolts on the bottom sides through the bed. we do it on our old work trucks.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,062 Posts
Damn, those are steep, nice but that's a lot of $$$.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, exactly why i do not have one yet. I can't currently fine one at a reasonable price and i don't feel like laying in the snow to bolt it to the bed. But yeah, the one my dad has is hella sweet.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have wanted one of those for a while, but I use my B'co as a DD and i thought all the stuff I put in it would rattle like an SOB, plus they are $$$$.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts

I built one, used what was on hand, did not cost much, should have put in drawer slides, but what the hell, it works:

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,062 Posts
Nice GR, I like that. I would have probably done something similar if I wasn't worried about the wood getting soaked from me submarining my rig on a regular basis..

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Jermil, been taking lessons from Daniel again?:goodfinge

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,062 Posts
Thanks man...You would have thought I learned my lesson after the first time.:twak
bnkrtstk said:
I think Jer did it before Daniel knew what 4wd was :thumbup

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
jermil01 said:
Thanks man...You would have thought I learned my lesson after the first time.:twak

If you're anything like me, you like it. I blame it on the Pine Barrens:thumbup

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
i havnt bolted mine down because its a little bit too long to fit between the tailgate and the fenderwell. i guess if i took out the spare and its bracket- there would probably be enough room- but then id be taking up more room with the spare lying on the floor. im thinking about a roof rack- so then ill throw the spare on top- then bolt the box in the spare's spot.
ace

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I'm in the process of building a box right now. 3 drawers. And I'm so far into it about $26.00 Thats for the paint and a paint roler :) I bought some of those Furnature sliders From walmart.. Figured if it works for 1,600 LBS of couch, it will work with some tool and parts on the carpet in the bronco :) We shall see. This may take awhile to build since it's at my parents house 45 mins. away.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, when i first searched for this I found alot of guys who have rigged up something like GR's. I like them, but It is just more room back there then i want to use right now. I just have straight flush paneling back there, no pocket, so I figured something like that link i posted would be the way to go at the moment. I eventually might want to build something similar to hide the guns while on the road for shooting competitions, but right now I am stuck in WI with very little tools to work with, no space to work in.

But all the same, pretty sweet setup GR, is that mounted to the bed at all?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Mounted with L brackets to keep from bouncing around, but removable, when necessary.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts