Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen much discussion on this so I assume it is not THAT big of a problem, but it sure looks like my rear drive shaft will be pretty severely angled. I have all my buddy's telling me I have to lower the tranny crossmember and T case mounts to tilt the engine/trans/case down to improve the angle on the rear shaft, I say it will be ok as is. What is the general consensus on here, especially those of you with dubblas.

Thanks.
BF

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting the link. In 11 pages I learned a lot about clocking the doubler, about clearancing the 78-79 body to fit the doubler, about the lengths of the atlas vs. klune vs. 203/205, and that there may be rear drive shaft issues, but not once was there a mention of SOLUTIONS for rear drive shaft issues.

So, are any of you guys running dubblas having rear drive shaft issues?

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. In 11 pages I learned a lot about clocking the doubler, about clearancing the 78-79 body to fit the doubler, about the lengths of the atlas vs. klune vs. 203/205, and that there may be rear drive shaft issues, but not once was there a mention of SOLUTIONS for rear drive shaft issues.

So, are any of you guys running dubblas having rear drive shaft issues?
Im running a 203/205 doubler with 110" wb and I dont have any issues. Im running a cv on the rear. If your rear diff is in its stock location Id suggest cut and rotate the perches to correct the pinion angle. Honestly its hard to determine a remedy for your driveshaft issue with out knowing all the factors.

here is stuff to take into consideration:
rotation of doubler stock, clocked up 2"
what type of doubler 203/205 , klune, black box...
wheel base stretching, shortening
type of driveline 1350's 1410's 1330's...

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running a 203/205 doubler with 110" wb and I dont have any issues. Im running a cv on the rear. If your rear diff is in its stock location Id suggest cut and rotate the perches to correct the pinion angle.
Thanks, I think this is what I needed to hear. Sounds like I will be ok, just like I thought. I am running the NP203/203 with 6" lift and a Sterling 10.25.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just adjust the perches as badass said. The shaft will be "short" 28" static (iirc) on mine. I ordered mine from Jess at highangle. 1350 CV and 1410 at the axle long slipyoke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts