Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and didnt find what i was looking for.
my rear driveshaft U-joints are worn. my question is are all 3 driveshaft u-joints the same part number? 4wpw told me the 2 joints in the CV are different from the one thats closes to the axle.
at bronco graveyard they just show one u-joint to choose from.
i want to get some spicer joints :thumbup
thanks

Chris

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just did them in my 84 and the one by the axle was different from the other two in the cv joint.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Urban Offroader said:
I just did them in my 84 and the one by the axle was different from the other two in the cv joint.
Yep, it was this way thru '89. Starting in '90 all three are the same. All standard disclaimers apply

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
same here ... my 86 has 2 different sizes between the three ... did them all a coupla months ago

I used these

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
1203's in the CV end and 1204 at the Differential end, I know just finished rebuilding my rear driveshaft, 79-96 are all the same

·
Registered
95 Posts
i_alone said:
1203's in the CV end and 1204 at the Differential end, I know just finished rebuilding my rear driveshaft, 79-96 are all the same
This 1 is right:)This whole thread made me dizzy!

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Hey Chris. I was told that both front driveshaft ujoints and the rear shaft at the axle are all the same. There two in the CV are different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bronco85 said:
Hey Chris. I was told that both front driveshaft ujoints and the rear shaft at the axle are all the same. There two in the CV are different.
Oh He** here we go again...:)-Head spinning.....Where's the floor...

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Bronco85 said:
yes they are. the 2 u joints on the front drive shaft and the back most u joint on the rear drive shaft are the same. the 2 in the double cardan are different.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
i_alone said:
Negative. 1203 throughout the rear d/s beginning in '90

1 - 12 of 12 Posts