Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my rear end is getting some wear, its always positive traction which is cool but it scrubs and drags when turning right and i believe its dragging some during regular driving and causing me to have to use more gas than normal. So my question is which parts need to be replaced or is there any way to tell without a tear down???

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Sounds like a brake issue to me. Could be your adjuster is too tight or your brake pads aren't releasing like they should.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think my rear end is getting some wear, its always positive traction which is cool but it scrubs and drags when turning right and i believe its dragging some during regular driving and causing me to have to use more gas than normal. So my question is which parts need to be replaced or is there any way to tell without a tear down???
You should be able to tell by measuring if your axle end-play is in spec. If it's not in-spec, then you need to pop the diff cover and take a look around. Is this a 8.8 or 9"?

Also, you can check the brakes as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly don't know which rear end it is. i assumed it was a 9". It only does the rough scrubbing when turning right while accelerating. I think i can feel a little drag while straight driving but it may be all in my head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, the scrubbing sound is not constant during the turn. There's a rrrruump and i can feel it drag then it stops for maybe half a rotation then again. Always the same interval. ????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts