Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya...... So I got rear ended again......
Back of the frame is damaged.
Tow hitch is mangled.
Bumper is all dented up.
Tailgate is pushed in, but the window didn't break.
I'll post more pics tommorrow.
The gmc sererra that hit me is totaled.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,089 Posts
that sucks. At least the GMC didn't walk away from it.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
damn, you have some bad luck

hope everyone is ok
trucks can always be repaired/replaced

hope it is an easy fix

the outside spare has been a concern for me in case of a rear end accident like yours
wonder if the gate would have been damaged if it wasn't there
just like a poorly mounted pushbar on the front that makes more damage than it saves
but you do need somewhere to put a large tire as mine takes up most of the rear bed space

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,513 Posts
You can see just how much damage the Jimmy suffered from hitting the spare; if it had bee older than, say '98 or so, I think the T/G would've been pushed in more. What I find distressing is that the Jimmy FUBARed the bumper and receiver, as they're definitely aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I had the stock bumper and no hitch receiver, that Sierra would of been in my gas tank for sure. It's got some good damage under there. Just took it to the alignment shop to have them check out the alignment tracking. They said its in spec stil. I'll be posting more pics of it in a little bit.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,691 Posts
Looking forward to some daylight pics of that bumper, fo sho!

Good thing you had that BA Bumper setup. :thumbup
Still... never fun having to re-do your rig. Hope the ins. pays for all the replacements.

Every time I see someone rear ended like that... all I can think about is what if that idiot had hit me on the Harley. :rolleyes:

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
I'm sorry to see this. What is it with people near you that they can't SEE your damn truck?!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry to see this. What is it with people near you that they can't SEE your damn truck?!
When I got out I asked him what you doin? He said "I didn't see you"
A fire fighter that was there said he was able to smell booze off them.......

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,691 Posts
Did he get a DUI or did the cop get that report from the Firefighter, at least?

Damn shame on the frame. That bumper "snap" looks entirely too clean.
At least it should be an easy repair on that part/piece. :shrug

sorry man.

·
Super Moderator
26,089 Posts
yo E,

Sorry that happened! A year after we bought the 96 (New) was we were reared by a GMC Ukulele while we were sitting @ red light; same excuse, but man owned restaurant we frequented and was ok about admitting he misjudged stopping distance in his new POS. Nice guy even gave us 4 dinners and drinks!

GL w/repairs!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did he get a DUI or did the cop get that report from the Firefighter, at least?

Damn shame on the frame. That bumper "snap" looks entirely too clean.
At least it should be an easy repair on that part/piece. :shrug

sorry man.
It's not a complete snap, just the back 3 sides of the tub are snaped. The side facing out the back is stil solid..... Kind odd.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When you have aftermarket bumpers like that, does insurance pay up to the cost to replace those, or only the replacement/repair of what the original would cost?

Either way man, sorry to see what happened to your Bronco

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,513 Posts
It's the twist-up of the framerails that bugs me. Luckily, it all was behind the spring perch. And you're right, if you'd had a factory bumper, he would've messed up the tank and likely torqued the frame.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you have aftermarket bumpers like that, does insurance pay up to the cost to replace those, or only the replacement/repair of what the original would cost?

Either way man, sorry to see what happened to your Bronco
They better.

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
I feel like I should be ashamed but I'm actually kinda glad the douche got his truck totalled. What the hell is it with people rear ending you? Do you have to have rear facing halogens for people to see you these days?

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel like I should be ashamed but I'm actually kinda glad the douche got his truck totalled. What the hell is it with people rear ending you? Do you have to have rear facing halogens for people to see you these days?
If I had rear facing halogens....... He might of seen me and not hit me......
His first response to me when I asked him what the hell he was doin.....was "I didn't see you."

Really?..... My trucks lifted with big tires, all lights & brake lights were and are still functioning.

I'd understand if I was in a Kia or a Honda rice burner.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts