Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifes are wonderful aren't they my wife surprised me and go me a 6" Skyjacker lift i didnt even see it coming i was looking and browsing around and really not sure as to what direction i wanted to take. My wife made it for me not only that she had my wheels powder coated. Heres the thing though Im not liking the setup for the rear so i need yalls opinion should i go with the Procomp 6" leaf springs, Skyjackers 6" springs or do the shackle flip. I'm not really wanting to do the shackle flip just threw it in there just see what yall thought I'm leaning towards the Procomp I've heard that the Skyjackers ride harsh and so do the Procomp's until they get worn in. So what is everyone's thought on this

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Skyjacker leaf springs are good springs. I've ran the rears on several different trucks and I'm very pleased with them. I've got the 6" springs on my F150 right now (FR56 I believe) and I wouldn't change them for any reason.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
They sure are. I had ProComp leafs on the rear of my 99 F350 and they were very soft which really sucked with a one ton truck. Any decent ammount of weight in the back and they were really sagging down. Plus how soft they were really made axlewrap and wheel hop an issue. With the Skyjacker springs I have on the F150 now I can put probably twice the ammount of weight in untill Its sagging as much as the F350 would. It also is a little harder to get the axle to wrap up, but it still will do it if you're stupidly applying the throttle. Not near as bad as the procomp springs though.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I agree that the Skyjacker springs will be "stiffer" than the ProComp or even Superlift spring packs. IF the ride is too harsh, you can remove the bottom/overload spring in the pack. I ran the 6" lift SkyJ springs for a few years, now BigT2317 has them on his Bronco. You won't get near as much flex or travel as you would with a shackle flip. I did that mod to my 84 Bronco recently and can really tell the difference. The shackle flip is awesome for a trail rig, but may be too soft if you do alot of highway driving or haul alot of stuff in the back. JSM84

·
Registered
337 Posts
i voted for procomp .... for myself .... they will be in mid week .... I ordered them firstly because they are so much cheaper and i wanted full leaf packs not blocks

IMO softer is better for wheelin so long as you dont use your bronco to haul stuff.

If money was no object for me ... id not have looked for cheaper alternatives and gone sky jacker.

·
Registered
337 Posts
note ... i also realize that if "softer is better" gets too soft where axle wrap happens alot then its not better .... hopefully i wont need to fab a track bar ... but i dont push my truck too too hard ... its still my DD

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the pro comp 6" springs. I have only had them for a few months, at first I thought they were stiff, but they softened up quick. The weight of a solid d44 on a hitch hauler really made the rear end sag. They gave about 5" overall. I took out the overload spring and put in a 2.5" add a leaf and it gave me about an inch. Whenever I get the sas finished I'm going to take the add a leaf out and do the skackle flip. I like the ride with these springs and I think they are pretty good for flex...

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
I have the pro comp 6" springs. I have only had them for a few months, at first I thought they were stiff, but they softened up quick. The weight of a solid d44 on a hitch hauler really made the rear end sag. They gave about 5" overall. I took out the overload spring and put in a 2.5" add a leaf and it gave me about an inch. Whenever I get the sas finished I'm going to take the add a leaf out and do the skackle flip. I like the ride with these springs and I think they are pretty good for flex...

Was that taken in your back yard? It looks like you have some prime spots in that area. that and a lowes right down the road. cant beat it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts