Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of doing a sas on my 88 and putting 9" in the rear. will 78-79 rear bronco leafs work on an 88 or is one a different length/width than the other.

·
Registered
490 Posts
sfivecoat said:
I was thinking of doing a sas on my 88 and putting 9" in the rear. will 78-79 rear bronco leafs work on an 88 or is one a different length/width than the other.
if your goign to do a 9" just find a 80-86 parts bronco and swap everything. as they have the leaf springs you need. dunno about 78-79. but im guessing not.

·
Banned
22,393 Posts
Why would you put a weaker axle in back?

Anyway, measure your springs (eye-to-eye, width, & RGAWR from the door sticker) and look for the same in the junkyard.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if your puttin tires bigger than 35's on it then just get a dana 60/70 or 14 bolt now. buggy guys will argue a 9" is stonger but only with a lot of mods and its not under the weight of our rigs. just somthing to think about.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
as long as the springs are 3" wide and same eye-to-eye as our rigs. IIRC, they are. so the answer to your question is a tentative yes. best to get out a measuring tape or find some specs on them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts