Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i install my 4'' lift...I was thinking of just doing add-a-leafs for the time being in the rear. If i cant gain about 2'' or so from those, the back should be just about level with the front, and if its off a bit, I can deal with it once everything settles.

Do i need to replace the shocks right off the bat? If so, Do i need to order the 2'' lifted springs, or 4'' lifted springs....I dont know if they do it according to the lift of the vehicle or just the rear.

Whats the most versatile on/off road spring? Most likely Rancho i would imagine....?

I searched, and couldnt find anything that answered 100%...And im away and on dial up. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
this is a 6" lift in the front with 2 add a leafs in the rear

sometimes it looks low

sometimes it looks a litle low

and sometimes it looks just fine :shrug

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
drilim, i will try to dig up the part number on my rear shocks for you today. they are a rancho RSX for a 2wd chevy, but they work with a little modification and they are the correct length and travel. i will be ditching my wonderful stack of blocks:brownbag over next weekend and just doing an add-a-leaf in back. if i am done before you get your lift on, i'll be sure to post pics.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics damager. Im only doing a 4'' so i would think one add-a-leaf would be sufficent. My real question is the shocks, Which i am gonna try and order tonight.

Andy, If you could dig up that # and at least tell me what kind of modification i will need, I would appreciate it tons. Thanks man.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
you can get by with stock shocks for road use, and then measure after the lift is on to make sure you get the right shocks. i would go with bilstein if you got the dough.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I agree with squattyd ... the stretch from the additional 4" will be limited by the stock shocks extension .. it just won't go as far as you need it to :shrug .. you can drive it, sure.. but the flex offroad will be limited to non existent from the lack of shock travel/stretch

if I were you Bro .. i would do the 2 add a leafs for a 4" lift

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damager said:
I agree with squattyd ... the stretch from the additional 4" will be limited by the stock shocks extension .. it just won't go as far as you need it to :shrug .. you can drive it, sure.. but the flex offroad will be limited to non existent from the lack of shock travel/stretch

if I were you Bro .. i would do the 2 add a leafs for a 4" lift
I dont need 4'' inches in the back...Probably 2.5 at the most. I want the rear to sit level with the front. The front is being lifted 4''...soooooo....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts