Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am swapping a 9 inch under the back of my bronco and i have 2.5" wide springs from a '79 f150, my springs hangers are for 3" wide springs. if i put washers inbetween the hangers and springs to center them will that be dangerous? will it work or should i get different hangers?

·
Registered
200 Posts
i am swapping a 9 inch under the back of my bronco and i have 2.5" wide springs from a '79 f150, my springs hangers are for 3" wide springs. if i put washers inbetween the hangers and springs to center them will that be dangerous? will it work or should i get different hangers?

It's ghetto but it'll work.

On another note, you have started 4 different threads in the sas section. 3 of them pertaining to your own sas. Do yourself a favor and stick with ONE SAS build thread for your truck.

You're wasting Bandwidth, not mention scattering your own info around so much that you can't keep it organized.

EDIT: Two of your threads, this one included, are even named the same. I know I sound like a dick, but there's been MUCH harsher words on here.

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
It's ghetto but it'll work.

On another note, you have started 4 different threads in the sas section. 3 of them pertaining to your own sas. Do yourself a favor and stick with ONE SAS build thread for your truck.

You're wasting Bandwidth, not mention scattering your own info around so much that you can't keep it organized.

EDIT: Two of your threads, this one included, are even named the same. I know I sound like a dick, but there's been MUCH harsher words on here.
+1 Fawking noob:twak

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nobodies calling ya stupid bro. This site takes some gettin used to. But... concentrate on your main sas build thread, and ask your questions within that thread; even the questions regarding your rear springs or anything else that applies to swapping in your new axles, suspension and steering. Leave this and your other rear leaf springs thread behind.

By now you've noticed how much the members of this forum pay attention to the sas section. Stick with your main thread and you'll get the answers you need. Just be prepared to take a little shit every now and then.

Oh yea....search around at the hardware store for the washers you need, get some 1/4" thick washers. They aren't really common so you may need to order them. But... still a touch ghetto.

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
Nobodies calling ya stupid bro. This site takes some gettin used to. But... concentrate on your main sas build thread, and ask your questions within that thread; even the questions regarding your rear springs or anything else that applies to swapping in your new axles, suspension and steering. Leave this and your other rear leaf springs thread behind.

By now you've noticed how much the members of this forum pay attention to the sas section. Stick with your main thread and you'll get the answers you need. Just be prepared to take a little shit every now and then.

Oh yea....search around at the hardware store for the washers you need, get some 1/4" thick washers. They aren't really common so you may need to order them. But... still a touch ghetto.
I didn't like the idea of running spacer washers. That's the main reason I didn't run chevy springs. Andy 351 has wheeled his a lot with washers. Some others have too. I may end up running chevy springs in the rear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can run washers, it's just one of those things that's "not recomended"

I'm sure if you talked to a fab shop you could get a set of shackles made for a 3in hanger and 2.5in springs.
I didn't like the idea of running spacer washers. That's the main reason I didn't run chevy springs. Andy 351 has wheeled his a lot with washers. Some others have too. I may end up running chevy springs in the rear.

Agreed. Spacer washers would be slightly more acceptable for the hanger end of the spring, but I'd hate to run them on the shackle end. Either way it seems like they would eat up your spring eye bushings in about 1/2 the time they would normally last.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts