Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Im sure that this is probably a stupid question, but its confusing me.

I was gonna try to get a price for lifted spring packs from a spring dealer in town, they will build what you need. Ive got stock springs and 2in block and 1/2 shim in the rear and 4in lift in front, sits pretty level, back may be a bit low. Anyways, Would I need 2.5 in lifted springs or 4in lifted springs? :confused:

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
the spring shop obviously didn't ask enough questions, or you haven't called them yet. You'll need to take into consideration what kind of loads you'll be carrying in the back(roughly, how much weight), how/where you drive it, and how much lift you're trying to achieve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't called them yet.. I guess the best thing to do would be to take it to them and let them do all the figuring?

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
The reason your rear came with 2.5 " blocks was to try and make it sit level, so when you load it up the back end will sag. If I were you, I would probably order 4" springs to make that rear end sit higher again so when you do load it up with gear it rides level. If the spring shop knows what their doing, they shoudl be able to let you know what you need by asking you some questions like david said.

The other reason they put 2.5" blocks in is because some kits were designed on a f-150, which already had 2" rear lift because of the truck bed, and the bronco's didn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts