Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been working on my first car ever for a year now, kinda hard with school. As shes running again I tried to see if all the lights still work and was disappointed. The front lights work fine, besides the directional indicators.
The rear also only works partially. The break lights work, when it's standing and shut of the dim red lights work. The hazards front and rear don't work and just stay on when I pull the lever. Indicators also only work when I go to the green orange wire with an extra ground. Same with hazards, only work with ground on the orange Blue wire on the passenger side. I could put new grounds but the wires get really hot after a few seconds....any clue what might cause this? I changed the two pin relay in the fuse box, still nothing. As of now I can only think of a loose ground wire but no clue where that could be.
Any help would be appreciated

1989 XLT Bronco 5.8L V8 if that helps

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
678 Posts
Check the ground to chassis at the rear of the Bronco. It is a black larger gauge wire coming off the wire loom to the frame. It usually mounts to the top of the frame on the driver side so not visible unless you follow the wires from the rear tail light. The connection can rust and will need to be cleaned up. Also check your grounds on your radiator support for a clean connection. Grind to metal and bolt it down then paint over or clear coat over to prevent rust.

Reactions: vroomvroom89

·
Super Moderator
29,439 Posts

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts