Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
same here.
i bought a felpro without a flange. turned out to be the wrong one. then i ran to a local machine shop to get what i needed. they sold me a "micro sleeve" that didn't have the flange, either.

here it is installed.

I ordered the Fel Pro - according to FelPro's own catalog it's the right one for a 302 - guess I'll find out soon.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I ordered the Fel Pro - according to FelPro's own catalog it's the right one for a 302 - guess I'll find out soon.
well i'm sure felpro has one that would have fit. i don't blame the brand. i was working on a 96 and those have proven to have oddities in parts and fitment. i went to the machine shop b/c i knew they would have what i needed and i could touch / inspect / verify before buying. at that point i was going to buy whatever brand they sold.

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,246 Posts
In an application where the crank is still in the engine and the lip still needs to be removed, the micro sleeve appears to be a better choice.
I tend to call them all Speedi Sleeves as they were the first one I had seen or used; kinda like all Cola gets called Coke.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm going to order these three and see how it goes.

·
Registered
560 Posts
well i'm sure felpro has one that would have fit. i don't blame the brand. i was working on a 96 and those have proven to have oddities in parts and fitment. i went to the machine shop b/c i knew they would have what i needed and i could touch / inspect / verify before buying. at that point i was going to buy whatever brand they sold.
@dash_cam
I have the same part number you listed for sale - the Felpro. I mocked it up last night on the cranks and it looks to fit w/o issue. The engine is a bone stock '96 out of the '96 XL. Weird.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts