Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of ripping out the cheapo vinyl shit and laying down sound insulation, carpet padding and then carpet. I cant get the damn rear seat out though. Lastnight I soaked the bolts in liquid wrench and went to town with a 6ft cheater bar....sheared one completely off. :doh0715: Today I took a different approach and heated one of the bolts then tried again. At around 125ft lbs that bolt snapped. Well at least the left side is free lol. On the right side I got the bolt with the spring loose enough so it spins about 1/8th turn freely but no more in either direction. I would rather not bust those off too.

Any suggestions? :scratchhe

·
Puts it were it doesnt go
640 Posts
i think the buttom of the bolts stick through the floorboard. you might be able to hit them with tenetrating oil from the buttom. also use an impact wrench or a breaker bar with a hammer instead of constant force on the bolt

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive hit them with penetrating oil from every angle possible, even underneath. I have hit the bolts with a hammer numerous times to bang them free and still nothing.

And I still have the seatbelt torx bolts that need to be taken care of also. Grrr

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
after i broke one of the heads off mine, i jut said screw it and cut around and dealt with it...

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
I drilled mine out when they broke. Also drilled the seatbelt anchor torx after it stripped. I agree with the impact. Alternate between forward and reverse.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i had the same problem with my bolts and i just hit is with parts blaster alot and went forwards a couple turns then reverse a turn and did that till i got it... it wasnt fun but it worked

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got the damn thing but in the process sheared 2 of the bolts. The other two got loosened enough to be tightened and loosened back and forth then I just wrenched down with a huge cheater bar.

Thanks guys, Now I can get on with my sound insulation and carpeting.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that info. I was gonna try to get the bolts out for the seat latch but those didn't wanna budge at all. I might just try to work around that damn latch with my carpet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts