Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a picture of the rear seat of their Bronco in the up position so I can see how the S shaped bar thing goes back in? I just got my new interior in and don't remember how the thing goes in .
 

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
86 Bronco said:
Can anyone post a picture of the rear seat of their Bronco in the up position so I can see how the S shaped bar thing goes back in? I just got my new interior in and don't remember how the thing goes in .
S-shaped bar thingy? You're really sposed to put that back in? :shrug

(Seriously.... my back seat doesn't rattle without it, so I've never bothered with it. A friends 85 on the other hand.... He needs his back in some kinda bad! You can actually tell that it's the backseat rattling above all the other rattles!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ironclad said:
S-shaped bar thingy? You're really sposed to put that back in? :shrug

(Seriously.... my back seat doesn't rattle without it, so I've never bothered with it. A friends 85 on the other hand.... He needs his back in some kinda bad! You can actually tell that it's the backseat rattling above all the other rattles!)

I've drank....drunk....drinkin...HAD alot of beer since then and forgot how it goes in . The rattling seat sux.... :beer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
65kcoupe said:
I have a 95 is the rear seat bracket the same? if so I'll take a picture tonight
If it is not the exact same...maybe it will point me in the right direction...Thanks
 

·
negative creep
Joined
·
8,651 Posts
the curvy part goes on the floor to the left, and the other end (the one with a long straight piece) goes in the notch on the right side of the seat.

i know it doesn't make much sense to you, but i know what i am talking about. i'm just too lazy to go take a picture for you.
 

·
Snow Bunny
Joined
·
841 Posts
:stupid I have had the back seat out in both my 90 and 95 and never pay attention to how it comes out. but as far as i can remember andy has it correct, if you look at it, you should be able to tell, by the notches and indentation marks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
How's about these? These pics are from the back of my 91:

Overall:


Driver's side detail:


Passenger side detail:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Oh, and to answer your question Trucky--it makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to fold the seat up--takes up most of the weight for you.

Also will stop the seat from rattling in some cases
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Damn i don't think mine has had that for a long time.

Rattles everywhere else but the back seat, or maybe it just me. Hmmm :toothless
 

·
Cadillac of Men
Joined
·
3,787 Posts
whats with the backseat? without it in there, a mattress fits nicely on the floor and is more comfy for what i was usin the back seat for!
 

·
TTB Hater of course
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
jimzbronc said:
Oh, and to answer your question Trucky--it makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to fold the seat up--takes up most of the weight for you.

Also will stop the seat from rattling in some cases
That'd be a torsion bar. Look at the pass side of your tailgate next time it's open and you'll see the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
I don't have that. I stuck some thick rubber bumpstops under mine, and no more rattles. The old ones broke off and it would hurt passengers tailbones when wheelin, from the seat bouncing.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top