Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever modified their backseat to recline a little more back. I never realized how uncomfortable the back seat can be. I'm always driving. My buddies say they always hate the back seat. I love my cockpit chair. I was wondering if you guys ever came up with anything. I'm going trail riding in PA with my buddies and I'll have the bronco fully loaded with a 6x10 trailer filled with the toys. I was wondering if anybody welded a another notch or something to the seat to recline back farther. It does recline forward but not back. Any replies would be greatly appreciated/

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
smokinjoestein said:
I'm going trail riding in PA with my buddies and I'll have the bronco fully loaded with a 6x10 trailer filled with the toys./
.... Not sure about the seat....... on a side question, where are you going wheelin or trailriding in PA ???

·
Registered
315 Posts
yeah, ive thought about this, my plan was to take the ratcheting mechanism that allows it to fold forward and "add more teeth" or move the "stop" so that when you liften the handle it would fold back as well

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
94 XLT BRONCO on a side question said:
I'm either going to Rausch Creek or a place called The Cove in Winchester,Va. I'm really trying to fix the back seat because all my friends have wimpy 4-6 cylinder little SUV's that can't pull squat. The Big Bronco with it's big 351 V8 loves to pull the toys without hesitation. Well I quess the fellas will have to suffer with the back seat because it does'nt look like I'll have time to remove the stop and reweld some more teeth to recline then reattach the stop. Sounds like a weekend warrior job to tack on the never-ending list.

·
Registered
787 Posts
You might also want to try adding spacers under the front brackets that will tilt the whole seat back a bit without digging into, and modifying the actual seat back latching mechanism. I'd imagine that the rear latch would still latch to the striker on the floor, and it's easily converted back if you don't like it.

Just a thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts