Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Has anyone reattached the 3 point seatbelt to an area on the side rail once the top is off. I am hoping not to have swap a pre 92 seat or build a roll cage like some of the other threads have suggested. It seems like an attachment slightly behind the seat would be a good place. What do you guys think? Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
26,341 Posts
yo,
read this post here;

Q by argonaut; "...Rear lap belts for my 96 when topless

I searched and didn't find any photos or schematics of how the lap belts mount to the rear seat of a pre-92 Bronc.
I will be taking my (Bronco's) top off this summer and I've just picked up a set of rear lap belts to retrofit onto my 96 Bronco.
Does anyone have any photos or a drawing showing how I can mount the older style lap belts to my later style rear seat?

Reply "...easiest way i can describe it. along the side of the seat cushion part of the rear seat, feel around through the fabric. you will feel a hole approximately 7/16-1/2" in size. it is not thread just a hole. at that spot take a small screwdriver, and poke it through the material. that is where your seat belt "receiver" will go. stick a grade 8 bolt, washer/ lock washers and nut. the "male portion will mount to the bottom back where the other belts attach. if you need pics still pm me and i will snap a picture in the morning and send it to you..."
Source: by Greggk at FSB

·
Super Moderator
26,341 Posts
yo,
YW PD.
and thanks to those who posted the info!

It's a GREAT DAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts