Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.0 automatic w/ the rust package
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sk I'm still in the process of repairing my body and currently have the entire rear end opened up. As I'm removing all the rust and replacing parts I'm wanting to switch out my rear shocks. I plan on doing a 2.5" lift in the future but unfortunately do not have the time nor money to purchase the lift right now but these shocks need replacing and I need tl get back on the road. I'm thinking about putting in Monroe gas-magnums. Has anyone used these? And are they suitable to stock height?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle

So here's what I'm working with. Most have said buy a new Bronco...but currently living off of my military disability and after bills and what not..I have like $100 left for the month. I was lucky enough to find this rear end from a 95 and ive seen people build entire cars from scrap...so this should be cake.
Light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Gas Tints and shades Electrical wiring Bumper Auto part

·
Super Moderator
29,856 Posts
Yo Willy,
Consider, "Just finished installing the Monroe MA773 air shocks on the 86 Eddie today.
It was a walk in the park, partly because I ran a die up the exposed shock threads a few weeks ago and saturated them in that new Fluid Film penetrating oil. Heated the nuts and let the impact gun loose on them.
Much improved ride, mind you my shocks were so whipped you could say that about any new shock. The ride height adjustability was one of the real reasons I wanted them.
5 years ago I put new 3/4 ton leaf bundles in the rear and even with that, it started back to it's nose higher than tail tricks again. This fixes that and gives me added cargo carrying capability.
I'm happy with it. Check out the install here;
1986 Ford Bronco Monroe air shock install pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
by member Sixlitre.

Reactions: WillyP87

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
533 Posts
I've put the yellow monroe shocks on all four Broncos I've owned. But I don't really offroad. Nothing fancy, just working shocks. Never had an issue. Make the purchase.

Reactions: WillyP87

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've put the yellow monroe shocks on all four Broncos I've owned. But I don't really offroad. Nothing fancy, just working shocks. Never had an issue. Make the purchase.
Yeah I ended up getting the Monroe Gas-Magnum shocks...extremely easy install..slightly easy to remove the older shocks. Just a lot of PB blaster and hand tools.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts