Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Original owner: 1995 XLT 5.8L, 4wd shift on the floor, manual hubs
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In doing my rust removal I identified the need to replace the spring bracket...can this be done without dropping the gas tank? Try as I might I can only get a small wire brush in there but that is it...I also have a drawtite hitch on that doesn't seem to help. I may also defer this as I want a 2.5" lift and if I pay to have that done I'll let them do that all then!

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
i replaced the all rear spring hangers on my silver bronco project. i ran into multiple challenges that are documented in the link below. (seized bolts, shot bushings, etc.)

also, when i installed the brackets with grade 8 bolts, i discovered the bolts for the brackets hit the bolts for the hitch. if you were to put the bolts with the head inside the frame and pointing out, you should be fine. but i think you'd need to do that before installing the hitch.

also, if memory serves me correctly, the bolts that came with the new parts didn't fit for bolting to the frame. so, you may end up needing/wanting to get bolts even if new parts come with them.

however, everything was done without touching the gas tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts