Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple weeks, I'm gonna order my 6" superflex springs for the front...and I'd like to run springs in the rear, instead of blocks in the long run. I'm kinda figuring on a little more than 6" up front, just based on what I read about the superflex springs...and I'd like the rear to match, if not sit a touch higher. I'm debating between flipping the shackles (sky) and runing like a 3.5-4" set of blocks, and then buying springs later, or just running full springs in the rear now. Is there a huge difference between the superflex leaf springs, and the superlift springs as far as flex/ride goes? Are there any draw backs with the sky setup, or flipping the shackles in general?

Also, if I get a track bar drop bracket...do I need to get the adjustable track bar as well, or will simply the drop bracket suffice?

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
The sky shackle flip is the cheapest and works great, never personally used em though. I went with the JBG superflex 10 leaf pack spring in the rear. Plan on spendin on the upwards of $500 for em, but the ride quality and flex is deffinently worth the extra cash. They are also made by Deaver

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
for a cheaper way still do the shackle flip, i think some guys snag a f350 shackle from a junk yard to use. then pick up an extra set of leafs and add those to the leaf pack you have now. this is a cheap way to lift it, granted it'll be stiffer in the rear, but this will get you by until you can get the rear springs that you want.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sky is not the cheapest shackle flip. BUT, if you know you're going with the 6 in lift springs in the front then just get the 6in lift leafs for the back and only spend the money once. Otherwise you'll go thru the hassle of the shackle flip and still end up 100 bucks in the hole and still be 2 inches shorter than the front. Besides, if you stay with stock leafs in the rear they wont be near as flexy as the coils and you might get disappointed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks for the input. I'm really caught between the 6" superflex coils, and the 9" skyjacker coils. With the skyjacker, I know how much lift it gives, but with the superflex 6" kit...I've heard it might give you more...but how much more? I'm looking to clear like a 40, with no problems, and easily a 38...but, I'm not sure what the best way is to go about it. I'm sure I'd be happy with either...and I honestly think the 6" kit from sf is gonna be more than enough lift...I've also got a set of cut out fender flares I just put on, so I'll have another couple inches of tire clearance. I'm thinking 9 might end up being overkill, but I don't want to come up short either. I don't want to run any blocks, in the long run...I'll run them for a few weeks till I can get the rear springs, if I have to...I guess I'm just kinda rambling...thinking "out loud" in frustration...but, any input, or recomendations or past experiance is more than welcome.

·
Registered
268 Posts
6 inches will clear 44's, so your tire choices won't be a problem. I have 6 inch superlift coils and the don't flex at all. I'm going to replace them with the superflex coils

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm pretty dead set on some 39.5 TSL's or maybe 38.5 SX's...but, eventually, I might like to run some 42's. Boggers aren't bad, but they're so much more money. I'm pretty sure I can clear those fine with 6" of lift...maybe not the 42's...but the 38's or 39's I think would be fine. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order all superflex stuff, 6" front and rear springs...and go with the 39's...and then I might drop the coil buckets 2 or 3 inches, and block the rest of the way in the rear, to get the extra lift, but only if I need it...and that way, I'll get all the lift I would out of 9" coils. Just late night ramblings...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a good plan. That way you can go several routes.
I like having options...and I can always change it around some too. I don't want it to be too big, and too cumbersome either, which is why I kinda don't want to run the 9" skyjacker coils...less options.

I'm gonna look into the cage coils...but, I'm really interested in whatever 6" coils that net you more than 6" of lift...plain and simple-which ones are those? Is there a progressive rate, and a linear...or just one?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I finally got my front springs on, and now it's time for the rear. I was gonna just order the stuff for the front, and block the rear temporarily, but I decided to just order springs. Now, I'm cought between the superflex leaf springs, or a much cheaper set of superlift or similar springs. A $200 dollar difference is a big jump up in price additional over the cheaper springs. My question is just simply whether or not it's worth it? I plan to use my truck...and keep it for a long time, and I'm sure the deaver springs are a much better quality, but if the others will articulate decentat all, I'll settle for those.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Superflex (Deavers) are by far the best(IMO)... I have ran different brands and types of leafs in different vehicles, and they flexed and rode OK. The Deavers flex and ride is amazing and they are in my opinion worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Superflex (Deavers) are by far the best(IMO)... I have ran different brands and types of leafs in different vehicles, and they flexed and rode OK. The Deavers flex and ride is amazing and they are in my opinion worth the extra cash.
Cool, thanks man. With that kind of price tag, I'd just hate to hear, "Well, they rode pretty good, and they flexed a little better than skyjackers"...Or, worse yet, get them, and be dissapointed, lol. I'll probably order them really soon then. I need to do something, cuz it looks like someone took a snap shot-freeze frame of my bronco leaving the starting line at the drag strip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts