Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear springs are shot and sag bad.My problem is Im not sure what to buy.I dont want blocks or addaleafs either so I want to get the spring I need now and not have to do it again later.With mine in such bad shape I dont know how much sag I have.I want to get new springs with some lift in them like 2 inches or so not a lot.I put a jack under my hitch and to me and my ruler it looks like I need almost 6 inches to get my rear to a good height.How much of that 6 in is sag is my question.If I get a spring with 2 inches of lift is it going to bring it back to stock plus 2 inches?Or is it going to bring the rear up 3-4 inches over where it is now?I was going to get the 6inch lift springs but I think that is going to lift it too much.I have no plans for a lift of more than 2in or so and I dont know when that will get done I need to get the broken stuff fixed first and my rear springs are on the fix list.I looked around JBG website and sent them an email as well but what springs should I get?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you buy a lift spring its going to make the rear end whatever the lift height is about stock. If you have stock springs in the front then you need to buy stock springs in the rear. If your rear is sagging that badly I would imagine your fronts probably need to be replaced too. If I were you I would buy a complete 2-4" kit so you know everything will be good to go.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Grab some rear leaf packs off an F250, should get you about 2" over original stock height. I'd just go to a junkyard, it'll be way cheaper than any other option.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just stock F250 springs?Any year range I need to look for?The truck has alot of needs at this point and I am forced to spread what little cash I have around.I have a motor on the way and a new cat back to replace the rusted mess that is bashing into the frame rail and floor pan.So I have to stay cheap on the springs.6 new shocks and new front springs will be done just not now.I have the rear springs,motor and steering slop as my top 3 issues at this point and I want to try and get them fixed as soon as I can.The rest will be done as cash allows.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
bronkx1 said:
Just stock F250 springs?Any year range I need to look for?
Sure. '80-97 should work. The newer the better, but it's entirely possible older springs will be in fine condition depending upon how the truck was used.

Some 2wd F150s got 2.25" springs, I'm not sure if this ever applied to 3/4 tons and up tho. So just measure whatever you get.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a 89 F250 in a junk yard about 40 miles away and they want $60 for a set of springs.The door tag on the truck says 5F under springs and the weight is 8500 lbs.Its an 89 F250 reg cab 4x4 and the motor is gone so that I dont know.Are these a good swap for me or should I keep looking?The way the truck is sitting I cant measure the springs but they "look" very close if not the same to mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts