Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I need new sway bar u-bolts.

Does anyone have a part number I can get to order some. They are absolutely no help at me O Reilly’s.

Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thats a tough one. You might have to have a shop bend and thread some rod
I would try a spring shop as they bend and thread u bolts for leaf springs

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Hey there!

Does anyone have a part number I can get to order some. They are absolutely no help at me O Reilly’s.

Thank you for any help!
It’s a 42 year old truck and you expect orielly’s to have a non-wear part!!! That is too funny.

They are basic u-bolts. You can take the specs down to a fastenall or graingier and they can help you.

You do have the axle side brackets, don’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Any good spring shop should be able to provide you with new U-Bolts, you just have to provide the size of the thread and the length. When I changed mine out I increased the size from 1/2" TO 5/8" if I recall correctly. Check this web site, it's where I bought mine from when I re-did the spring perches: Off-Road Fabrication Parts - RuffStuff Specialties

Reactions: My Little Mule

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
I just saw that you were looking for the rear sway bar U-Bolts and not the leaf spring perch bolts, I got my replacements from the JY off a newer Bronco.

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
61 Posts
I bought a new sway bar from Heilwig in California for my Custom 78 .Where someone tore mine off. Before I got it. Then later on I needed the bracket that goes over the bushing and contacted Heilweig. They sent me two . At no cost to me and they even paid the postage. They are good people to deal with and make really good products.

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
61 Posts
Hey there!

Thank you for any help!
Contac Heilwig out of California. That is where I got mine from. They have a toll free number you can call and you can get their information buy typing inthe address bar.Heilwig. They are a good company to deal with and quick to answer any questions and mail out the parts. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts