Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the weather seals on my back window and am having a tough time getting it to go all the way up now. Do any of you have any tips for adjustment? I goes up smoothly but won't finish the last inch or so to properly seal into the top. The old seals were probably OEM an d I'm fairly sure the glass is not. Any help is appreciated.

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
Make sure the curved top corners are pressed in all the way. Plus, try a dry silicone spray to dry lube the side mldgs as it goes up cause your window motor or battery may be getting weak! The condition of your battery, full charge, makes a bigger difference than most people are aware of when it comes to making the rear window go fast or slow....Man we've been on this site about the same amount of time & I thought I didn't post much....haha -Kevin-:thumbup

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
my window is still doing this, it gets better though... Just keep making it go up/down it will start to break in. You can also try the lube like was mentioned....

If you need it to up just put the window up with the key in the back and push on it to go up the last inch, thats how I have to get mine up every once in a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts