Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear window is stuck down, i'm 90% sure its the motor...it was starting to go up and down slower and slower until it just quit on me while the window was down. My problem is that i cant get my hands in to manually raise the window to get to the motor. i've slammed, wiggled, kicked the tailgate over and over to make sure it was closed all the way and the motor is getting power...how do i get to it to change it out? any tricks or tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
710 Posts
can you get a wrench in there to unbolt the bolts? although they might spin on you, then you're up the creek on my idea anyhow.

By closing the driver's side latch completely you can raise and lower the window while the tailgate is down (when the motor works). maybe with the tailgate down you can get a buddy to hit the switch while you apply pressure to the window so it'll go up...

and finally, it's got to be said... there are countless threads about this, check out the search and you'll find plenty of folks who were in the same boat as you are in now.

good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've about had it with the thing, and with my suspension lift i cant get the truck under my carport. i guess i am just going to have to bite the bullet and take it into the shop and pay the labor, i just hate spending that kind of money for something i know would just be a $50 part

·
Registered
710 Posts
try getting a pry bar in there, something like a cat's paw to hook the bottom with.

the two arms of your regulator go to roller tracks that are bolted to the bottom of the glass. if you cannot get a wrench to the 4 bolts holding the glass to the arms, maybe you can get a hook under the roller parts (they are metal) and pull it up. You'll have to have something on both sides though.

makes ya wish they made those tailgates so you could split them in half huh?

and watch out, that glass is expensive...

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
remove the panel from the inside unbolt the glass from the track, slide it all the way down so it will trigger the switch so the tailgate will open.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help, i will fiddle with it some more this weekend, i'm hoping the rain will hold off 'til then....it's definitely frustrating that i couldnt split it open, that access panel doesnt do much at all for it

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
you could also pull the rear panel and use a set of jumper wires and a cordless drill battery to run the window up and down, (do this at Pick a parts when I need to get the tailgate down)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts