Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the power rear window stopped working. It turned out that the wires and the terminal on my battery were corroded to hell, and I wasn't getting any (-) signal to it. I replaced the terminals and the switch started working the window again. With the switch to the full down position the window was still exposed about 1.25" over the tailgate. I pushed the window down about .25" and now the window isn't going up or down whatsoever. I unplugged the harness and tried feeding the power directly to the motor, but I'm not getting anything. What have I done, and what can I do to fix this problem?

·
Registered
537 Posts
FWIW. On atleast some model broncos, the rear window and front window motors are interchangeable. That rear window is alot heavier than the front ones are. An old tired rear window motor might not have the grunt to move that rear window any longer, but may still work the lighter front ones just fine. If your front power windows are still working, try just swapping the window motors from one of your front doors to the rear, and vice-versa. Also another handy tidbit is the rear window motor often lists for 1/3 of the cost of front window motors at the parts stores :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, somehow it fixed itself. I drove about 20 miles to my friend's house with the window down, and decided to try the button, and it works again. No idea what the hell is wrong with it, but glad its working again. I still have yet to put it all the way down as of yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts