Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been thinkin about getting that material that they use for jeeps like the clear plstic kind of stuff and making a rear window and putting a zipper on it so i can zip it down when i want plus i wont have to worry about it braking when i go through rough terrain if anybody can tell me where i can buy some of this material please let me know i have been searching for a while thanks everyone

·
Registered
331 Posts
you could try a junk yard and rob a convertible top of its plastic rear window and material... box cutter would work real nice..

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
It may be easier to fix the current window so you can just roll it down when you want. It probably wont be easy to secure a zipper to the top.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know i just think it would be cool plus my motor is bad and its like i dont want to buy glass and then have it brake so does anybody know what type of material it is cuz i already gotta plan

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
i forgot to bring this up but how often do you plan on breaking your back glass? unless you are doing some serious wheeling or drive all the trails in reverse and expose your window to tree branches and all that stuff its not gonna break that often. theres tons of wheelers on here that go thru some crazy stuff and dont break their glass.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Never heard of someome breaking the glass from trail running. Im sure it has happened but its not like its a problem. You can twist broncos alot and the window is never an issue. I say fix it properly and enjoy the ability to run it up and down from the driver seat.
Window motors are like $40 from summit. Or get one from the boneyard. They are the same as the regular door motor. I dont recall which side, pass or driver without looking.
And without the window being rolled all the way down to unlock the tail gate you cant open it anyway. So if you removed the glass you would have to disable the lock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can get plexi glass at a home improvement store. Or they make a thick clear plastic that they sell at fabric stores, they will also have material for a soft top.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've seen a few broken windows on the trail due to body flex and the window being rolled up all the way. Best to roll it down a couple inches or all the way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts