Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place to get a rear window motor for 1984 full size or can you get a rebuilt kit got power to the motor but nothing . got a good ground

·
Registered
607 Posts
where is the best place to get a rear window motor for 1984 full size or can you get a rebuilt kit got power to the motor but nothing . got a good ground
Get a rebuild kit for the gear. Its like $14 on JBG, or the complete motor is $50. I had problems with my motor a while back. The gear was striped completely broken in 4 places. I got the rebuild kit for the gear good as new.

Now, I have a faulty defroster on the window which I think is related to a stripped wire.

Ehh.

Here's a link for easy surfing: http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-82

Hope it helps.
D

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
I didn't have any luck with Autozone, I tried replacing my PW motors 3x with their Junkanese products and none of them lined up or fit properly without drilling out holes not mention ripping up my arms on that sheemetal. Had the OEM rebuilt for $65.00 at a local place.

I took my Ford OEM Tailgate motor and had it rebuilt fo $70.00 at the same local place. I think those rebuild kits are a good idea if you can do it yourself, this way you keep the original, no? Mine work like a charm ~

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts