Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ran across a post on Facebook looking for the window brackets and put up the info on part numbers and such and where to get them, so was thinking it would be useful to share that with everyone here, since the trouble I went through hunting them down for me to put a new rear window in my 92 (still work in progress on everything else as I haven't even stripped down the tailgate that is going on it yet) might be appreciated for someone else.

So for everyone's information, here are some numbers and sites that may save you some money over what others are trying to charge for parts.

Tailgate Window Bracket Assy. (includes both window bracket and slide) - E8TZ-98422B18-A, Fordpartsgiant.com has best price I have seen
Window Spacer (sold as pack of 7) - D9AZ-54234A44-AA, another FPG
Window Retainer (sold as pack of 8) - D9AZ-54234A46-AA, yet another FPG (apparently they do better than most dealers with their pricing)
Window Rivets (1/4" rivet gun needed) - Ford 385323-S100, Amazon 3rd party seller for pack of 25 was best deal I ran across

I have also hunted down other pieces if anybody is interested in part numbers, just a quick list...plastic inner door handles (surprisingly still available at good price from Ford), both door latches for 92+ (decided to just go new), bushings and clips for said latches, replacement screws for latches that are stainless and don't cost $6 a piece, OEM tailgate window dash switch (surprisingly not too much more than Switchdoctor, and I will be putting it on a new OEM F150 bezel), coil spring insulators, aftermarket clips and bolts for top (still have to order longer bolts for front to the cab), and also the appropriately sized rivets for the window regulator and door lock actuator. I imagine I will just need to compile a full list with sites and prices at the time I purchased, as I actually have a list put together, just not as detailed.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,570 Posts
How about a guy building a new tailgate from scratch, all new guts inside. Is there a list for that?

Reactions: elovlie

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about a guy building a new tailgate from scratch, all new guts inside. Is there a list for that?
I usually would run over to Bronco Graveyard as they tend to put the part number on the listing, and then search from there. Does look like the regulator may not be available, even from JBG, so used might be your only choice there, but still a good bit of other parts available such as window tracks (E1TZ-98422A20-A, fit either side), passenger window motors for most years (I think they changed, at some point, no 100% if I am recalling correctly) fit the tailgate, torsion bar (E8TZ-98448900-A), and several other parts. I stopped looking as some seem to have the wrong Ford number, but a donor may be best option. If you were near Georgia I would be able to see about helping you out part wise as my old tailgate won't be doing much, but I'm not planning on getting back into the parting out and dealing with shipping game anymore, especially with as busy as I am nowadays. I imagine someone may come along and have hunted through probably Steve83's old diagrams and has a parts breakdown to help you keep track of making sure you can hunt down everything you would need.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I usually would run over to Bronco Graveyard as they tend to put the part number on the listing, and then search from there. Does look like the regulator may not be available, even from JBG, so used might be your only choice there,
So, what is this part? Isn’t this the regulator? And it says it’s in stock.
All the internal parts

·
Super Moderator
29,039 Posts
Yo,
For the small stuff, these part numbers can be found at Ford dealers or googled For other sources.

ItemPart NumberDescription
143221Tailgate Panel Inside Cover
244890Luggage Compartment Door/Tailgate Hinge Torsion Bar
340709Tailgate
455962-S2Screw, Tailgate Panel Inside Cover-to-Tailgate
5N805584-SWasher
643050Tailgate Counterbalance Torsion Bar Body Retainer
7391566-S40Bolt and Washer, Check Cable-to-Body
843052Tailgate Check Cable
9383180-S40Washer
10431F52Tailgate Upper Latch Striker
11430A32Torsion Bar Bracket
1257472-S40Screw, Torsion Bar Bracket
1343000Tailgate Hinge
14377105-SClip, Cable Check
ATighten to 28-40 Nm
(21-30 Lb-Ft)
BTighten to 35-50 Nm
(26-37 Lb-Ft)
CTighten to 8-15 Nm
(6-11 Lb-Ft)

Tailgate Internals Swap by Dustin S @ Tailgate Replacement
He includes safety issues such as;
"The next step is to remove the bracket holding the torsion bar to the body. Take extreme care here as the bar packs a lot of force. I recommend trying to remove the bracket while the tailgate is as closed as possible to relieve pressure on the bar. I was foolish enough to do it with the tailgate down. Both bolts broke off allowing the bar to snap back and sent the bracket off to never-never land. I was never able to find the bracket so I had to get another one."
&
"

If your regulator is still in good shape, you should prevent the arms from moving before taking out the motor. I used a bolt and a bracket I found around the garage to secure the arms from snapping together."

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,570 Posts
All the internal parts
Oof... well, I wonder what a guy would have to replace to get a reliable setup. That is a little painful on top of buying a new shell, everything up here is rusted trash, I'd pay good money for a clean tailgate shipped up to me.

Reactions: elovlie

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
154 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
154 Posts
Oof... well, I wonder what a guy would have to replace to get a reliable setup. That is a little painful on top of buying a new shell, everything up here is rusted trash, I'd pay good money for a clean tailgate shipped up to me.
Her ya go...https://shop.broncograveyard.com/1983-1996-Ford-Bronco-Tailgate-Shell/productinfo/34501/

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, what is this part? Isn’t this the regulator? And it says it’s in stock.

All the internal parts
I missed the full kit when I looked through, but the regulator alone though does say backorder with no ETA, and my previous experience is they aren't necessarily up to date with what they show as in stock, so may be best to contact them in advance to check and see what they have on hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts