Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yellow and red wire thats unhooked from something......

Where it goes? I don't know....I don't even know where the motor is....

Anyone got a picture of a 1990 Bronco with it's rear window wiring?

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The switch didn't work so I went to the back and saw someone already took the back piece off and was doing something....so I found a wire (yellow and red) and it was unhooked. This wire is unhooked from the motor I suppose but where is the motor?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had to replace mine once and IIRC, it is right about in the center (not visible, of course) at the bottome of the gate. If you have ever replaced a door window motor, it is about that size. You can't miss it. did it work before?

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought this Bronco. My first Bronco.

Do you see the motor in the picture?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Actually, from that side view, I see the connector that should lead to the connector. I can only see one side, though. the other side (yellow & red wires) should lead right to the motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
follow the gears you see in ur pic down to the bottom of the tailgate and you will find the motors teeth meshing with those. Unless for some reason the wires are removed because someone took out the motor already. the spring is enough to hold the window up.
Wes

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is the motor at on these things?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thats what I'm saying. The electrical connector there is where those 2 wires should go. Now, there are wires that come from the key switch as, as well, but what I'm saying is run your hand along the wires coming from that connector and it should lead you to the motor. It is about 8-10 inches long IIRC and will have a gear attached. If you don't feel it, its not there.

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The connector is connected...one side is running toward the hole where I guess it runs to the switch.... the other side of the connector runs up to the red and yellow wire that I have pictured that is not hooked up to nothing.

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm thinking the motor is gone...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ok, then it seems that that end of the wire should also have a connector on it that would connect to the connector on the switch that should be there. i t seems as if someone either had problems with the switch on the dash, the key switch or the motor and removed the motor. If you can't OBVIOUSLY fell the motor, pick one up and then, before you install it, have a friend hold the key switch and put a meter on the two wires you have in your hand and see if you read any voltage. I would bet they pulled the motor, found out how much it costs and decided to say "screw it".

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just want my tailgate to go down and take off my top. Damn power windows... I hate them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well its really not that difficult. I just looked up the part numbers from Advanced. They only run about $50-$60 bucks. Its really not difficult to install, but these vehicles do have a tendency to develop shorts and wire-breaks over the years and you should verify the wiring before you install the lift motor and hit the switch.

Advance Auto Part#'s: 42-32, 83394

·
Banned
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well its really not that difficult. I just looked up the part numbers from Advanced. They only run about $50-$60 bucks. Its really not difficult to install, but these vehicles do have a tendency to develop shorts and wire-breaks over the years and you should verify the wiring before you install the lift motor and hit the switch.

Advance Auto Part#'s: 42-32, 83394
I think the wires may be ok....I dont know.....have to look.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well you should just be able to install the motor and attach the wires, but if there is a short or broken wire somewhere, you will either have a blown $50 motor or nothing will happen. test it first. I'll see if I can find you a link to a tech writeup. Gimme a minute.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts