Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have checked all the info in the numerous rear window posts but i still have a problem... window will not go down with either the dash switch or teh tailgat switch... motor works up and down when hot wired... yellow and red wires going into the motor show 12.4 v when the dash switch and the key switch are activated in both up and down positions... problem is the when i connect the wires back together the window ONLY goes up, will not go back down... dont want to throw parts at it... any help will be greatly appreciated... :beer

·
Registered
100 Posts
Perhaps it has to do with the male/female connectors? You could try cutting the connectors out and splicing them directly together. Its a pain in the ass if you ever have to hotwire the motor again, but Ive ended up cutting out the connectors on both of my Broncos.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mine did the same thing, I jumped a ground from the dash switch and it worked fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies... i didnt disconnect any of the connectors, i cut right into the red and yellow wires coming out of the motor... im going to splice those back together once i figure it out... i'll check the motor connection but i think i just saw wires coming straight out of the motor, no connectors leading in... weird how it will work and show correct voltage UNTIL i put those wires back together :scratchhe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checked all the connections, harnesses and switches and still f'ing window wont go down after its put back together... almost ready to smash it and let insurance take its course... not sure what else to check, thinking i just go ahead and change out the tailgate switch... tapping out:whiteflag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.