Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear window does not go down or up with the switch. I went to ford and bought a new switch and that did not fix my problem. I know its not the motor cause i can take the wires straight to the battery and it goes up, i reverse the wires and it goes down. Does any one know how i might be able to bypass the stock switch and run like a toggle switch or something?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Don't just start throwing money at the problem. If you already bought a new switch, why would you want to buy another new switch?

Does the window work with the key switch? Is the tailgate closed all the way, there is a switch that will not let you operate the window if the switch isn't closed.

Here is a diagram from Steve83's supermotor site, it was created by Ryan (Fireguy) i would go through and check everything. If the existing switch isn't working, a new switch isn't going to help/

P.S. List all information about your vehicle when making a post. Year, model, engine size, transmission will help us greatly (not so much in this post, but in future posts)

<~~~List it over there like i did.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Tailgate latch switch... Use the search button, I know this has been addressed before, and there is a nice writeup on how to adjust it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another posibility is a broken wire(s) in the harness connecting the tailgate to the chassis. Examine the wire harness on the driver's side of the tailgate, if one or more of the wires has become corroded or broken the window will cease to work. In some instances you can have a broken wire even if the harness sheath is still intact so it may need to be opened up to get a good look at all of the wires.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wher is a good place to buy the wiring harness between the tailgate and body?
Price?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Versatile said:
Wher is a good place to buy the wiring harness between the tailgate and body?
Price?
I'm telling you, you need to troubleshoot what is wrong before you start throwing parts at this.

You don't even know for sure that the wiring harness is bad. Break out the multi-meter and start checking all the connections.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forget the safety switch...I cut mine out and crimped the wires together. I can't remember the last time I tried to put my window up when the gate was down except when working on the tailgate guts. It's a nice feature but it causes more problems than it fixes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts