Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but don't want to go cutting and drilling until someone can back me up on it.

The regulator roller on one of the regulator arms has completely given up. The roller fell off the regulator nub and the window goes up and down crooked.

So, I ordered two regulator roller assemblies (just in case the other one goes soon as well) to replace the rollers. In the LMC catalog, it just shows the roller. I thought all I would have to do is pop the new roller on to the nub that exists on the regulator arm. Instead, what I received was a a roller with an articulating bolt attached.

Does the nub on the regulator arm need to be cut off and drilled in order to use this new part? Or is something not clicking in my brain that I should be doing?

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
So I took the glass off the arms. I think it was only 4-6 bolts, then I took off the motor and popped the right arm back into place put the motor back on tried it and it rolled up straight. then i re-installed the window and i was fine. I may be misunderstanding your question but I tried lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I took the glass off the arms. I think it was only 4-6 bolts, then I took off the motor and popped the right arm back into place put the motor back on tried it and it rolled up straight. then i re-installed the window and i was fine. I may be misunderstanding your question but I tried lol
Yeah, misunderstood. I did some cutting and did the replacement. Everything works fine now.

Basically, the end of the regulator arms each have a little nub with the plastic roller that fits into the sliders attached to the window. When the rollers wear out and you need to replace them, the nubs on the end of the regulator arms need to be cut off in order to bolt on replacements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts