Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 95 Bronco with a rear window issue. The rear window would move 2-3 inches down and stop but would always go back up. I have removed the motor thinking it might be an issue but the glass still won't go down manually and the motor still works but I haven't re-installed it. How can I get the glass to go down so I can open the tailgate to work on the real issue which I believe is the rusty regulator tracks. Oh yeah, I have sprayed the tracks with PB Blaster every hour all day long but still no luck.

Thanks

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,541 Posts
Mine had a bunch of crud in the tracks. It took lots of spray lube & repeatedly scraping out the tracks with a screwdriver to get the window to move thru its full range. The drain holes at the bottom of the gate were plugged. I think the gate sat full of water until it rusted thru.

There can be other issues related to the regulator, but mine was simply crud in the tracks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
One of mine rusted off years ago, I’ll eventually fix it, soakthe pivot point on the arms as well, you might have to reach in with the motor out and work it back and forth by hand .... wear gloves our you’ll regret it “DAMHIK”.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
U could try some naval jelly on the tracks and a wire brush to help get some of that rust off, then try a good penetrating oil like seafoam deep creep or Hilco lube
Screenshot_2019-08-28-00-11-24-1.png
image_15af0cca114534.jpg

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,541 Posts
try a good penetrating oil like seafoam deep creep
Another fan of Deep Creep here. Give it some time to work. It's not a good lube for long term, but for busting stuff loose it has been very effective.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Tailgate glass had the same exact problem. It turned out to be caused by the rollers as they were stuck in the tracks. Thanks to the good folks here --I was able to fix it and it has been working smoothly ever since.

·
Registered
59 Posts
..wait, if you have the motor out --can you push the window up and down by hand? It should be possible. When I had the motor out it would not move much because the rollers had gunked up and seized and would not move in the tracks.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,771 Posts
Hi all,
I have a 95 Bronco with a rear window issue. The rear window would move 2-3 inches down and stop but would always go back up. I have removed the motor thinking it might be an issue but the glass still won't go down manually and the motor still works but I haven't re-installed it. How can I get the glass to go down so I can open the tailgate to work on the real issue which I believe is the rusty regulator tracks. Oh yeah, I have sprayed the tracks with PB Blaster every hour all day long but still no luck.

Thanks
Your issue is the square sliders. They're seized. They need to spin freely.

Unbolt the window by removing the 4 nuts that are 7/16 heads. Pop the tracks off the window, lower the window and open the tailgate. Slide window out to expose the slider squares. Spray them with some wd40 or PBlaster. Rotate the squares to free them up. Add some oil to them or dish soap. When you can spin them with your fingers, reinstall the window.

You're welcome =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts