Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the measurement of the hieght of the rear window on an "88. I shattered mine and my buddy is going to build me a new one, just not sure how far it has to go into the tailgate. I figuired out the width and and curves no problem but could use a little help from someone with a tape measure.
Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty tough to measure a window that is in a million pieces! I could take the tailgate apart and figure it out that way but my rear window motor is burned out and i am waiting on a new one, so I just thought if some one could help me out I could get the window done while I waited on the motor so I didn't have to take the tailgate apart in my unheated garage at -20 C. But thanks for the hep!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
It's not that difficult... measure from the highest point your glass slides into the top, then to the top of the tailgate, and add two inches. I'm not sure if the 80+ broncos have this or not, but mine has two, radiused notches on the bottom edge of the glass

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you think 2" is enough? I just don't want it too short and end up with a gap at the top or too long and have a bunch hanging out when it is open.:shrug

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I have no clue about window size, but instead of waiting for a rear window motor, ask for a passenger door one. They're the same..and most people will tell you they don't have the rear one in stock but will have the passenger door one, they just don't know that they interchange...:thumbup

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Blaze I wondered if that would work I think I will Head to the wreckers tomorrow.:thumbup
Mine also had the radius notches. How important are the ? what are they for?

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
gettin started, you have a PM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey bud, just a thought....maybe someone on here has an extra window laying around outside of the vehicle, and they could trace it onto butcher paper or something and mail it to you? I did that with a buddies, when I made my lexan back window. Got the pefect size and shape. hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts