Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to go roll the window up and it wouldn't move. Went around back and used the key and i could hear the motor spinning but could hear somthing slipping. luckly it was only half way down and i coukd just pull it up.

Now the question is, do these rear window motors use the same set up as the front door windows. Can i just get one of those window torque pin repair kits from the HELP section and that will solve my problem? Or it a whole different set up and i need to get a new motor setup?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Does it stay up when you pull it up by hand or does it slide back down.

Sounds like your window fell of the track and the motor is still operating.

Most likely if this is the case you just need to order a Roller Regulator Assembly from LMC.

Its cheap and heres the link
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=35

Part number 16 on that page.

I would pull the tailgate cover off and inspect to see if everything is in order first.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope stays up fine, and only takes two fingers a little bit of effort to help it up. dont wanna tear it apart until i have what i need to fix it.

its just like when the window roller bushing things go out, just not sure if it is the same kinda set up as the doors

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Sounds to me like it is just torque pins mine shattered the other day without the window in and my hands in the gate almost cut some appendages off thank god i wasnt close enough to get caught by the regulator.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,079 Posts
Yup, probably just the torque pins. Since you've been into the front door windows, you understand how they swap out. The rear window & passenger door window motors are interchangable. Open the tailgate & work with the window extended & supported.

Here's several related links:
1-Fireguy50's wiring diagram, see post 2. Great color diagram, it makes it much easier to understand what's going on.

2-Steve83's Tailgate Tech. Great pics & info. Look through the entire section for the portion that applies to your problem.

3-adrianspeeder's pics (He's doing torque pins for a passenger window, for the tailgate you don't need to drill).

4-Torque pins, motors, etc.

5-Steve83's How to align a Bronco Tailgate

6-JKossarides' info on replacement striker bushing numbers & wiring harness issues -See post 3.

7-Fireguy50's Re-wire your Tailgate window switch (FINISHED)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts