Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to have to be the one askin more about rear windows, but have looked at all writeups about tailgates. My problem is when the rear window is lowered all the way down it won't come back up. It makes a noise and trys to move a little. when i take it all back apart, take the glass back loose from the arms they move fine. then when you hook the glass back to the arms it works fine, but if you let it go all the way down it won't go back up. all you can do is just barely let it go far enough to unlatch the tailgate.....like i said if it goes all the way i'm screwed again

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey can you manually move the window up an down?
D

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Sounds like the motor is on its way out.
That, or the track/arm are bent in a way that once they reach a certain point, the motor can't overcome the force needed to get past the damage without assistance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have a problem with the wires that run across the bottom of the tailgate. There is a bundle of wires about a half inch round that gets hung up on one of the screws that holds the arm to the window.
Every now and then I have to take that cover off and unhook the screw from the wires.
The window will roll all the way down, but will only come back up about 5-4 inches.

-r

·
A beer and a gun
2,073 Posts
If the motor keeps whirring and the window just bounces or doesn't come up without assistance (you), the plastic bushings and/or the gear are likely shot inside the motor. There's a cheap rebuild kit you can get from the dealer or most auto parts stores. You can also replace the plastic bushings with ball bearings; do a search for window motor fix and you'll find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts