Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen, or heard of adding a rear window wiper?
Or any info on how I might go about doing such a thing?

I find I have troubles seeing out the back when wheeling (especially through mud and snow) as the window gets covered up pretty easily.
I carry a squeegee with me but it'd be nice to be able to clean it without having to get out.

I did a few searches on all my fav bronco sites, but came up empty.
Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I've had this at the back of my mind as a possibility when I set up my new tailgate. Never seen/heard of it but I doubt it'd be bad to pull one off an explorer/cherokee and make it work as long as it fits. The gears for the window are my biggest concern but I think there might be room. You can also Google "Universion Wiper Kits" and buy something new but they are spendy.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,784 Posts
what about rigging up some high pressure water spray like on some of those off-road and pre-runner types?

·
Registered
710 Posts
what about rigging up some high pressure water spray like on some of those off-road and pre-runner types?
YEAH!!! that sounds like a great idea... i have also been wondering what to do about this issue on mine, i was going to get a used top and start working on it, planned on putting a fold up rear window on the top then mounting a wiper to it... I like your idea loads better... simple is best, less crap to tear up, less crap to find space for, less crap to buy!

:thumbup I may have to start working on that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pull one off an explorer/cherokee and make it work as long as it fits. The gears for the window are my biggest concern but I think there might be room.
That sounds about what I need to do, thanks, I'll look into that.
And I believe I heard somewhere that cherokee ones have built in washer spray nozzle, so that'd be a bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts