Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about running new wires from the dash switch to the rear window motor because something between there aint getting power.Where are the wires for the rear window located or is their something in between their that went bad?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
If it's the wires then they are probably cut/chafed where they come out of the body(by driver's side tail light) and go into the tailgate. No need to run all new wires. Either fix them there or find the real problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL the reason i asked what else it could be is because i dont have the truck yet im buying it this weekend and i just wanted to know ahead of time so i could be perpared for the work i have to do

·
Registered
312 Posts
You Could Do This

As Steve mentioned he has a real good tailgate section. I followed it to a "T" and still couldn't get my problem fixed. So I just ran wires ($3) with a "3 way" toggle switch ($5 at O'Reilly's) directly from the dash back to the tailgate .(Underneath center console, underneath carpet, underneath back seat, underneath carpet in cargo area) the wires go through the bottom of the tailgate access panel. So I bypassed that bullshit safety mechanism that disconnects the circuit when the tailgate latches are open.

I wanted to do it with 2 toggle switches. One for up, and one for down...But due to the needed reverse polarity issue it wasn't gonna work for me.......

So $8 later, I'm fixed.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
94Beast said:
Do you know where that safety mechanism is located?
If you looked through steve83's pics I am quite sure you have seen it. It is inside the tailgate.....if your standing behind the truck looking at the (closed) TG, it would be in the upper left hand section.
If you remove the access panel, and get in there with a flash light, you can just follow the wires right to it.....and also once you have a chance to look at it for a little while, you will see exactly how it all works, and what size jumper you need to make up.....
Its no biggie.....short piece of 12AWG wire with a crimp connector and some heat shrink on each end thats IIRC.

·
Registered
312 Posts
94Beast said:
Do you know where that safety mechanism is located?
94 Take a look at the notes that appear with this photo (click on this photo). If this still doesn't help you just keep clicking the "next" and "previous" button and read the notes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool man, like i said i dont have the truck yet and never worked on one before so i know nothing about them

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok the guy im getting it from said it has power till about 3 feet from the window could it still be the same problem?

·
Registered
312 Posts
94Beast said:
Ok the guy im getting it from said it has power till about 3 feet from the window could it still be the same problem?
Well about 2-3 feet away from where your tailgate motor is located is that switch that disengages when the latch isn't fully closed. (Well that's how its supposed to work in theory) I bypassed my switch.

That switch is inside the tailgate, on the drivers side of the tailgate.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ONCE you get the BRONCO or have access to work on it.
WSentertainment.com said:
94 Take a look at the notes that appear with this photo (click on this photo).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry bout that, its just im full of questions and im excited to get the truck.But i did really sit down and read the pics and they answered all the questions ive been asking :doh0715: but thanks for all your help and once again i apoligize.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts