Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is when I roll my window up it goes straight up and the window doesnt close all the way. After tinkering with it I opened the tailgate and rolled it up. When doing that the window rolls all the way up but going straight up.When I close the tailgate and roll it up it stops an inch from the top. The motor works fine. I used WD40 already. More input would he appreciated

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does it bog down before hitting the top or does it just go up fine and happen to just flat out stop?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It bogs down when it gets to the top. It won't close all the way. The window stops with about an inch more to go.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,088 Posts
by chance have you tired it with the engine running? sometimes the extra voltage with the alternator running will make it work better, I have found. May at least keep water out temporary. I would suspect a harness issue somewhere where the wires have gotten wore.
may try using a jumper pack or battery and try running window up from inside off of that too, you could see then if its draggin in the top or if the harness going to it is issue. Steve83 has a good tailgate info in his supermotors stuff. I would read over that too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look and see what he has. I tried with the motor on before because I thought that was the problem. It use to go up all the way and then I wiggled the window and it will not go up all the way.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It bogs down when it gets to the top. It won't close all the way. The window stops with about an inch more to go.

Have you checked out the regulator? It may be gummed up or have debris in it that WD40 wouldn't clear out.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If the regulator was bad, it wouldn't go up with the t/g open, either. Look in the camper glass run channel where the corners of the glass fit. It's common for the rubber lip to fold over, interfering with the glass.
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/2742/12689-4

I'm not worried about it being bad, just gummed up and/or dirty.

When stuff gets in those little teeth it can interfere with the function because it increases the necessary amount of force to raise the window. Like when you get an old car and you start cranking on the window and it suddenly gets *really* hard to crank at a certain spot, usually that's because the regulator is all gummed up because it's old.

Just throwing some ideas out there :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like ideas. Haha. I'll check the tracks when I have a chance it just puzzles me that it goes up but stops an inch from the top. The window went up all the way before I started tinkering with it. I had a problem where when the window was up all the way the left side would go down about an inch after driving around. I had a broken bolt on the bracket that I think was the problem. Now when it rolls up it gets slower towards the top and then stops with about an inch or two to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts