Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Faulty window motor. They get old and worn out after time. A replacement is about $49.99 at Autozone (Siemens motor) and comes with a lifetime warranty. Installation is rather simple if you choose to do it yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pull the panel off your tail gate and use a light tester to see if you have power to motor -all of the time and not intermitten. On my 92 I opened the tail gate and pushed the latches shut so I could operate the window with the key. I found a short in mine and it saved me $50 for a new motor.

·
Registered
604 Posts
After opening the tailgate, can the access panel be removed by simply removing the screws? When does the issue of the tension bar become an issue - is this only if you remove the tailgate?

·
Registered
401 Posts
could be those little plastic balls shredded to crap inside the motor..advance auto gear kit.. like $7.00...I was having problems with the little rod that the glass touches in the down position that kept the gate from opening and I removed it while I was in there also...

G

·
It's a good idea to R&R the lift mechanism, clean and grease it. Also time to check the wiring and switches. You can remove that panel to access it. No need to remove the whole gate. You can probably get the window down to open the tailgate if you assist it when you have the panel removed. When the tailgate is open you can depress the latches to the closed position which will allow you to operate/test the thing. Careful, I used a trash can with carpet on it to support the glass when the tailgate was open window extended. I replaced the motor and gears as a unit while in there. This would also be a good time to tint or repair tint. There are numerous posts on the rear window. Try search for these common problems yest ye get flamed! Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts