Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am have trouble with my rear window. I have to slam the tailgate 3 or 4 time ti get the rear window to work, Is there a swith on it. After It is shut the motor seems to work well. What could be my problem.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
If the tailgate isn't latched properly, the window will not roll up. it is designed to do this.

Fill out your profile more so we know more about your truck so in the future people can answer your questions with more certainty.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I believe the switch that allows the window to work is on the drivers side. There are two teeth on the tailgate that clamp together around a post located on the body. When these teeth are closed, the window switch will work.

I dont know exactly how this works, but to investigate, you can operate the window with the tailgate down by closing those two teeth manually. To release the two teeth, lift the handle and pry them back to the open position.

I'm sure someone else will chime in about how to get in there and clean contacts on the switch, troubleshoot, etc. I hope this helps you get on the right track. good luck

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Oh yeah...and welcome to FSB:thumbup

P.S. Double posts will allow for members to ridicule you. So don't do them. Especially in the introductions section.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My switch was bad so i just took short piece of wife crimped ends on it and bypassed the switch work great for almost 3 yrs now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info. new to the computer thing. trying to find out how to update my profile. where do i go to put in my info. Sorry for the double post. Again thanks for the info.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,309 Posts
Don't sweat it. For the profile, go to the "User CP" in the gray bar near the top of any page. When that opens, look in the left column for Edit Profile, Edit Signature, Edit Avatar, etc. On the Edit Profile page, the Bronco Info & Location entries will show up
<----------over there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My rear window hasnt worked in almost three years, I think this thread just helped me fix it. Thanks guys Ill let you know.

(No pics yet of my bronco, they should be up by next week. Im going to get it dirty first.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts