Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came home last night tried to close the window with the dash switch on my 95 Eddie B. but nothing !! so I just closed it with the tailgate key !!
now today ... window wont go down with switch ore key (even when pushing on the tailgate nothing not a noise ) , both 20 amp fuses in the dash are fine !!!

is there anything simple I am forgetting to check ???

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ah, rear window woes...common BKO problem. First: there is a (pressure sensitive) switch that prevents the window from moving with the gate open. Try pushing on the gate, I have had to slam mine a couple times to get it going, until I bypassed the switch. IF that is not it, have a friend push (jiggle) the glass while you try the button. One time mine would not move, stuck up. My buddy got out back and pushed it, it started working and that hasn't happened again. If you are still stuck, get inside the truck and take off the inside panel. The mechanism needs lube, grease. I took a 12v battery inside, scraped insulation off the two wires and tested the motor, flip the wires + / - for up - /+ for down. If the motor is bad, replace. IF it is good, may be wiring. Check threads here. I had to re-wire my entire system from battery to tailgate. That's another story. here are some threads out here, check Steve83's website. Good luck.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
536 Posts
Ah, rear window woes...common BKO problem. First: there is a (pressure sensitive) switch that prevents the window from moving with the gate open. Try pushing on the gate, I have had to slam mine a couple times to get it going, until I bypassed the switch. IF that is not it, have a friend push (jiggle) the glass while you try the button. One time mine would not move, stuck up. My buddy got out back and pushed it, it started working and that hasn't happened again. If you are still stuck, get inside the truck and take off the inside panel. The mechanism needs lube, grease. I took a 12v battery inside, scraped insulation off the two wires and tested the motor, flip the wires + / - for up - /+ for down. If the motor is bad, replace. IF it is good, may be wiring. Check threads here. I had to re-wire my entire system from battery to tailgate. That's another story. here are some threads out here, check Steve83's website. Good luck.
you said it all man...listen to Pete dude..there isnt anything else to add

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS FOR THE INFO !!!

safety switch = (pressure sensitive) switch ?? where is it locadet and what does it look like ??
cant find the part on bronco graveyard ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
how about motor can be jumped but neither switch will activate rear window 91 bronco fuse good and replaced dash switch???? 91 ford bronco 302

1 - 6 of 6 Posts