Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to fix the rear window in my FSB.where can i find the rubber part that fits in the motor?i called o'riellys and they wanted to know which "side" i needed. iwas under the impression that there was one motor inside the tailgate.all i have around here is o'riellys and NAPA.thanks

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well AFAIK the tailgate window motor is interchangeable with the RS door unit......that said.......I been inside a boat load of Ford Bronco window motors and still to this day have never heard or seen a "rubber part that fits in the motor" I have no idea at all what part your talking about.

If you can hear or feel the motor turning when you introduce a KNOWN GOOD 12VDC source to the motors wires (just reverse the wires to see if the motor goes in the opposite direction as well)....chances are the motor itself is still good, and the torque pins just need replacing.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,013 Posts
search "delrin" nevermind i'll do the foot work http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/search.php?searchid=562087

but its just three little circles that go inside the gear.... they break down after years of use... the gear itself is almost always ok.... i've gotten em from the "help" section at several auto parts stores but sometimes they are sold out and i have gotten them off ebay cheap

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just guessing as to what it was called. i just got off the phone and was priced $27.00. is this a fair price?i thought i read somewhere that i could get the parts a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
TTB Will Survive
246 Posts
Jeffs Bronco Graveyard sales replacement parts for the back window. Reasonalbe prices. FYI

Regarding the back window, I haven't done any investigation yet but maybe ya'all can help expidite my research. :popc1: When its gets hot (90-100+%)and my bko is sitting in the sun the window won't go down or up. The motor doesn't make any noise, and simply noting happens. It seems I have to let it cool down and then it works again. Weird, but anyone with any experiance regarding this or suggestions?:wacko Kind of ticks me off when I just put some stuff in the back and can't get to it except over the back seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts